The NSSP mission is to encourage and assist students as they initiate and implement safety activities within their respective schools and communities. NSSP fosters the awareness that there is a problem on our nation’s highways, and students have the power to unite against the growing menace of highway fatalities.
- Stimulating interest in the conservation and enhancement of life through safety promotion;
- Focusing the attention of youth groups on the need for and benefits of co-curricular highway/traffic safety activities;
- Empowering students with encouragement, resources, and the leadership skills to carry out constructive and continuing highway/traffic safety programs in their schools and communities;
- Providing leadership and a channel through which students can express their thoughts and ideas concerning safety and the well-being of human life.
- Providing a supportive network for teens to make safe and healthy lifestyle choices.